Questions, comments, useful information and tips are encouraged.

Please use common "netiquette".  Be courteous to your fellow net surfers and avoid insults or offensive material.  
Offensive posts will be deleted
. Have fun and let us know what you think!

You are signed in as  

Page: [1]
Replied on 12/26/2012 9:29:54 PM  Delete
By CATHERINE HAFENMAIER:

helene. . . looks that way . . for a while, anyway.. .royal resorts posted some info re the duel affiliation. ..think it was on this forum, tho can't seem to find it right now to refer to you. . .messages seem to come and go at times. . . maybe another member can direct you to it. . . cchafenmaier
Replied on 12/27/2012 8:31:58 AM  Delete
By SHEILA SARKES:

just click 'Back to Members Area' and you will see the notice in the top left corner.  here is what it says:

Royal Resorts signs affiliation contract with RCI

Royal Resorts would like to inform members that it has signed an affiliation agreement with RCI and as of December 21, 2012, all six resorts in the Mexican Caribbean will now be part of the world’s largest vacation exchange network.

This exciting new partnership has been forged with the best interests of our members at heart. It will give members who decide to join RCI access to more than 4,000 resorts and hotels in approximately 100 countries – and a variety of other travel services and benefits, offering them more choice and greater flexibility than ever before.

We understand that some members may have concerns about their Interval International membership and weeks that they have deposited, or plan to use, with I.I.; however, we would like to assure you that such fears are unfounded. The new affiliation with RCI will not affect members who have an Interval International membership. Their reservations will be respected and they may continue to deposit their Royal Resorts weeks in the Interval International system and use I.I. travel services for as long as they wish, provided that they pay the annual Interval International subscription and exchange fees.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about Royal Resorts and RCI.

Replied on 12/28/2012 12:53:35 PM  Delete
By HENRY EICKHOFF: I just saw where we are now also affiliated with RCI. If you look on RCI's website you'll notice that the Royal Mayan is not listed as a "Gold Crown" this is the same as II's 5 star. What does that make the rest of the Royals? In the world of trading resorts, not being a 5-star or Gold Crown is huge. You won't be able to trade for other gold crowns very easily, you'll go to the bottom of the list. I was a member of RCI for 1 year with my Mayan Villa and traded it once, it was difficult and I quit after that and don't feel like doing it again. Maybe someone can tell us if the Royals will be Gold Crown. It was a gold crown when I was a member.
Replied on 12/29/2012 1:24:05 PM  Delete
By CHARLES MITCHELL:

Henry, the RM is listed twice in the RCI directory. One of the listings is gold crown and the other is not. Not sure why, but I did find it in the directory twice.
Replied on 12/29/2012 7:14:03 PM  Delete
By REBECCA GAHAGAN:

This is a big concern.  I would like to know why the RR decided to go with RCI we had them in the beginning and it was very difficult dealing with them and getting qualiy trades. I also just renewed my II membership for 2 years.  Why do we hear of this via a post on the forum rather than an official notification from the RR?  It seems like RR management has forgotten what their intial objective was in treating the owners they way they wanted to be treated.  All inclusive, now this what's next?
Replied on 12/29/2012 8:43:48 PM  Delete
By GLENN WELCH: They did post it, on the members page (below).  Also you can still use your II, you don't need to use RCI. You can use one or the other or both.
http://www.royalresorts.com/membersarea/news-05.asp

Royal Resorts signs affiliation contract with RCI

December 21, 2012Royal Resorts would like to inform members that it has signed an affiliation agreement with RCI...

Replied on 12/30/2012 6:56:39 AM  Delete
By JOHN LYNNE HEMENWAY: Yes  -- I also saw it posted on the Royal Resorts web front page on Dec. 21. Don't see why any one would complain.  This is a benefit since we now have more flexability by having choices -- stay with I.I. or join both.   There are many Royal Members that own some timeshares outside of the Royal Resorts (like Disney or many Hawaii resorts) that use RCI and those of us that have used I.I. for so many years can stay or join both.  Great benefit we have received. 
Replied on 12/30/2012 2:37:06 PM  Delete
By MICHAEL LAWRENCE: With our original Royal Mayan purchase nearly 30 years ago, RCI membership was included. After years of trying for an exchange to a resort in Michigan we happened to be in the area so we stopped at the resort. We were told that RCI only had one unit total, that was available through RCI. So there maybe a lot of resorts in their book but the question is how many units are available at each resort?  
Replied on 1/24/2013 10:46:45 AM  Delete
By ROBERT MCNEICE:

We have the same issue with II. Every time we want to make an exchange we put in 20-30 options, sometimes across 1-2 months of time, and still can;t get an exchange to happen for us. Very often the resorts listed only have 1-2 rooms available for trade. It would be great for II to list the # of rooms available to be traded, but they do not.

I think RCI gives us another option for exchanges. My only question is having to pay dual membership fees. However, the added options are dearly welcome.

* Posted comments are not an official Royal Resorts information. The views and opinions expressed herein do
not necessarily state or reflect those of the Royal Resorts, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.